Sunday, December 28, 2008

Curly Hair???

The more my hair grew out, the curlier it got. By July it had reached my shoulders and was full blown ringlets. For those of you who know me in real life, you can understand as my hair is VERY thick and has always been pine straw straight. The result was that I began to look like Bozo the clown.

My cousin has always cut my hair, so I went to see him and asked if he could cut it short. He said that since my hair grows really fast, he would cut it very short and that would take most of the curl. He also said that if I would wait about 2-3 months before I returned, the next cut would be short and leave me with just a wave. I returned to have my hair cut in November.

When I arrived home I looked in the mirror and cried for the first time since my surgery! I was beginning to look like ME again. There was just one thing left on my list of things to do....breast reconstruction. Finally, I felt like my journey was coming to an end.

1 comment: